Frequently Asked Questions

1. During what period should I submit my documents?
You can submit your documents for the visa issue not earlier than in 180 days before the planned day of departure, but not later than in 10 days (for the study visa, family motives and work visa – not later than in 30 days). Keep in mind that the documents will be delivered to the Consulate on the next working day.

2. How long should the validity of the passport be?
Your passport must be valid for at least 3 months after the last day of the intended length of your stay.

3. If I intend to make several consecutive stays in various Schengen States, in which country shall I apply for my visa?
You have to apply for a visa at the Consulate of the country of your Main Destination (where you intend to stay longer). If you intend to make several consecutive stays of approximately the same length in various Schengen States, in this case you should go to the Consulate of the country of the first entry into the Schengen Area.

4. I already have a visa but my passport has expired; is it possible to transfer my visa to a new passport?
No, in this case unfortunately you have to apply for a new visa.

5. Can I remain in Italy after the expiry date shown on my visa?
No, the expiry date shown on the visa is the date by which you should leave the Italy.

6. What is a stay permit (Permesso di soggiorno)?
The stay permit is the document issued by the Police Headquarters in the town where you live which entitles you to temporarily live, work, study in Italy and allows you to invite other foreigners to visit Italy.

7. Which countries belong to the Shengen Area?
The countries of the Schengen Area are: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.

8. The application form should be printed in two or four pages?
You can print it in both ways. Two pages if you print on both sides of the paper or four pages if you print on one side of the paper. The application form may be downloaded from the Applications form section .

9. If I apply for Minor’s visa in Baku, am I required to bring him/her with me?
In case of a visa application for a minor, his/her presence is not required. it is sufficient the presence of a parent with the original and the copy of the birth certificate.

10. If my visa application is refused can I get a reimbursement from the Consulate and from VisaMetric?
No, Application fees and Consular fees are non refundable.

11. Which currency shall I use, to pay for the Consular fees at the Visa Center counters?
You can pay for your fees only in Manat.